Our former group members typically find new positions either with a multinational (Shell, AKZO NOBEL, Avantium, Johnson Matthey, Haldor Topsoe, Evoqua-Magneto, BASF, SABIC, Q8, etc), in academia (at universities in the Netherlands and abroad), in smaller companies or in societally relevant institutes (such as RIVM, TNO and Rijkswaterstaat). Below you will find a list of our former colleagues, a link to their PhD thesis (if available), and in some cases information about the first position after they left the group.
Former PhD students and postdocs (under construction):
- Jogchum Oenema (Krijn de Jong) – Proximity of Metal and Acid Sites in Bifunctional Catalysts for the Conversion of Hydrocarbons (pdf) – defended 16 June 2021 – Postdoctoral researcher on plastic recycling at Ghent University
- Rolf Beerthuis (Petra de Jongh and Krijn de Jong) – Carbon-Supported Copper for Gas-Phase Hydrogenation Catalysis (pdf) – (defense delayed from 30 March to 30 November 2020 due to COVID) – Research Scientist at AkzoNobel
- Jeroen van den Reijen (with Petra de Jongh and Krijn de Jong) – Supported Silver Catalysts for Ethylene Epoxidation (pdf file, defended 10 June 2020) – engineer at Avantium
- Christa van Oversteeg (with Celso de Mello Donega (CMI) and Petra de Jongh) – Copper Sulfide Nanoparticles – Synthesis, Characterization and Catalysis (defended 2 September 2020) – employed as Analytical chemist microplastics with Rijkswaterstaat
- Jessi van der Hoeven (with Petra de Jongh and Alfons van Blaaderen (SCM)) – Gold based Nanorods: Catalysis and sensing (defended 12 July 2019) – employed first as postdoc in Harvard in the Friend ad Aizenberg groups, after that returned as staff member to Utrecht University